A group of teachers or student teachers work together to deepen the analysis of inclusion problems and find solutions.
Target group: teachers/school teams and student teachers
- Teachers/school teams and student teachers will be able to analyse complex situations related to inclusion.
- Teachers/school teams and student teachers will recognize the importance of cooperation between actors in dealing with inclusion situations.
- Teachers/school teams and student teachers will be able to recognize points of intervention in school problems related to inclusion.
- Teachers/school teams and student teachers learn how to identify the relevant persons they share responsibilities with for educating the students.
Professional learning in:
- analysing inclusive situation
- Session 1: thinking through the vignettes for teachers; group talks about their relevance, identification of own issues to work on; creating new vignettes to describe current issues in groups
- Session 2: analysing the case described in their own vignette using a selected tool
- Session 3: whole group discussion of results
- Group discussion
- Peer group work
- For teachers:
- Professional learning community meeting
- Face to face meetings in small groups
- Case discussion group
- In Teacher Education:
- Teaching practice seminar
- Teachers or student teachers on practice
- School psychologist
- A moderator
Indicators of success/impact
- Participants generalize their own difficulties encountered in the practice of school inclusion, seeing possible points of connection between educators with similar problems.
- Participants seek to create a framework for collaboration between those involved in inclusion issues in their own organizations.
- Participants are aware and able to recognize points of intervention in school problems related to inclusion.
- Increased collaboration among school members in addressing student issues.